Friday, October 1, 2010

Kites. Just Kites.



Today was one of the windiest day's I can remember. Which isn't really saying much since I can't even remember when my period was, and that's on a typical 28 day cycle. (Sorry to anyone grossed out by the natural actions of the female body.) 

So I may or may not have mentioned, I am a mother. And the only person that loves my son as much as I do is my mother. However, my son is fickle. The only person he loves MORE than me, is my mother. They are seen below snuggling at a Boston Pizza.

See that look he's giving me? 
That's the look of a child saying "yeah, I love her more. What of it?"


So today my mother stops by after work with a surprise for my darling 2 and a half year old son. 

A kite. 

We spent a good 2 hours out in a field watching this kite soar into the sky, only to nose dive seconds later. I, of course, was on "kite retrieval duty". So it was my job to run around this field looking elegant and fantastic chasing after a child's kite. 

My ever evil child felt that this was not humiliation enough for mommy. No, no. I needed to look more silly. So he, with the help of my mother, started trying to get the kite to nosedive on purpose and attack me. 

Yup. I got attacked by a kite today. 

What did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment