Saturday, October 16, 2010

My New Best Friend

I'm pretty sure, at this very moment in time, that there is nothing more awesome in my life than this blanket. 


I was going to post a picture
of the blanket, but I am too
lazy to take a picture of it, 
also I couldn't find one of it
online. So all you get is this 
awkward paragraph that is 
trying so very hard to be the
same general shape of what
would be a picture of my new
best friend, my giant blanket.

Okay, so it's not a giant blanket, but shush. It is, however, a Spongebob Squarepants blanket. In fact, there are only two blankets in my entire house that are not Spongebob Squarepants themed. This isn't my fault though.

Well it kinda is. 

My stepmother is terrible at actually knowing people. I say this because of every Christmas I've ever had to spend with her. I remember the first year, she bought me a metric ton of candy. I'm "borderline diabetic", which means that if I get too fat, or my diet starts to mimic that of a 5 year old child unsupervised and with an unlimited supply of sugar, I will very easily become a full blown diabetic. 

My stepmother is a diabetic so you would think she'd be a little more sympathetic to the reason why I FUCKING HATED THAT CHRISTMAS. It was like the ultimate "I don't care enough to actually get to know you" slap to the face. Every year after has been equally awful. One year I got a television and dvd player for Christmas. You're probably thinking "that's F-ing sweet, man!" Except that the part I'm leaving out is that they were both coloured to LOOK LIKE SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS. Seriously. I'm not really complaining about that, but I was quiet literally 14 or 15 at the time. Basic normal TV and DvD player would have been fine since they were getting me one anyways. Just saying.

Along with that I got an entire bed spread, sheets and pillow cases, blankets and pillows, that were all Spongebob themed. This is why I have 3 Spongebob blankets. One is basically just a tiny chunk of fabric probably meant to keep small dogs, or children, warm. One is a quilt, and the last is my new best friend. 

It's normally WAY too heavy for me, someone who is normally over heating even in the winter, but today it's perfection. I've been having cold chills all day and this blanket has maintained me and my perfect temperature as long as I've had it wrapped around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment